Quote of the Post:
“Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.” – Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Hi everyone! With summer approaching in less than a week and my trip to Europe coming up, I’m prepared to use my time to the best of my ability. Of course, I’ll be attending 4 weeks of different academic summer camps (one sleep away), but I still have weekends and 4 weeks in the beginning of August to have fun.
Last summer (2016), I went to 3 weeks of sleep away camp. When I came back, I spent 6 weeks at home and binge-watching Grey’s Anatomy. Though the first 2 weeks were nice and low-key, it got boring after awhile, not to mention that my parents weren’t too happy with me sitting on my butt all day.
This year, especially since I’m in high school, I’m trying to attend camps that will help me in the future and that are interesting to me. And while I do want to be able to learn over the summer and have summer homework to complete for sophomore year, I still want to be able to enjoy the downtime.
Without further ado, here are 10 things that I would love to experience this summer!
1. Have a beach day, get a tan, and roast s’mores – Your girl is so pale right now, it’s not even funny. During the day, I’ll relax in the sun (and stay safe in the shade). When it comes to sunset, my friends and I will share blankets and huddle by a fire pit, roast s’mores, and take polaroids/pictures.
2. Eat at by CHLOE. – This is a new vegan restaurant based in NYC but recently opened 2 locations in Boston. I want to try their guac burger and air-baked sweet potato fries. Check out their menus here. Everything sounds amazing!
Photo Source: Lazy Girl Vegan
3. Go blueberry picking with my family – Blueberry picking is a tradition that I have with my family. We drive about 40 minutes up to New Hampshire at least twice each summer and pick about 6 lbs. worth. It’s something I look forward to every summer.
4. Splurge on a pair of Birkenstocks – I have a pair of flip flops that aren’t too cute and am looking for a more “hip” pair, if you will. I know there’s a lot of controversy and different opinions about Birks, but I find them to be very cute and casual. At some point by July, I want to have enough courage to spend $100 of my own money on a pair.
5. Ride the new Joker roller coaster at Six Flags New England – Here’s a picture that explains everything. The seats rotate and flip as you move along the track!
6. Bake a cherry pie – While it’s still cherry season, I want to utilize my new pie-baking skills that I’ve been learning in June Academy. Soooo sweet!
7. Get a proper pedicure – I’ve gotten proper manicures before, but never a pedicure. My toes have been looking pretty plain lately, and I really don’t feel like spending an hour painting them myself.
8. Play tourist in Boston – Why not? It’s not like I go on vacation to my own city all the time!
9. Visit my cousin in NYC + try a sushi burrito – Okay, okay, so I’m kind of using my cousin as an excuse to travel more, but he just moved there a couple of weeks ago, and I want to check out his new place! And, of course, try a sushi burrito while I’m at it (or a poké bowl). For those uneducated:
10. Finish my summer homework by the end of August – Because I’m a nerd and hate having piles of work haunting me in the back of my mind.
That’s it! 10 things that I want to do by the end of this summer, 2017. It’s not a lot and purposefully reasonable because who doesn’t love the feeling of accomplishment?
I hope you all have started to relax or will start to if you haven’t done so yet. Tell me: what’s on your bucketlist this summer?
❀ Anissa ❀